Michael Laing (rock_dinosaur) wrote in edrailway,
Michael Laing
rock_dinosaur
edrailway

Dalkeith


Ex-North British Railway Class B (LNER Class J35) 0-6-0 No. 64510, the last active member of its class, prepares to propel the afternoon goods train for Hardengreen Yard away from Dalkeith Station towards Glenesk Junction on 24th May, 1962. [W.A.C. Smith]


View of a cast iron bridge which crossed the now-infilled cutting in Dalkeith which was formerly occupied by the short branch line to the town from Glenesk Junction on the main Edinburgh-Carlisle Waverley Route. The branch opened as long ago as 1839 and Dalkeith Station must have been extremely-conveniently located for the town, but it closed to passengers on 5th January, 1942. [Michael Laing]


View towards Dalkeith from a cast iron bridge which crossed a now-infilled cutting formerly occupied by the short branch line to the town from Glenesk Junction. [Michael Laing]
Tags: dalkeith
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

    Error

    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic
  • 0 comments